With the cruise control set for fun, the options are endless for the ultimate family road trip. Pile into the minivan with trail mix in tow, because your first stop is Pere Marquette State Park. Hike, fish or hit the trail for a horseback riding adventure. Rest up for a wet and wild ride at Raging Rivers Waterpark. Burn some more energy biking along the Vadalabene Trail before you experience the waves of history in Alton. Here's a list of some of the other must-see family attractions:
- Hit the trails at Pere Marquette State Park.
- Splash around at Raging Rivers WaterPark.
- Lounge around in the Great Room at Pere Marquette Lodge.
- Bike your way from Grafton to Alton on the Vadalabene Bike Trail.
- Stop off to see the Legendary Piasa Bird.
- Measure to Robert Wadlow, the World's Tallest Man.
- Experience the Power of the River at the National Great Rivers Museum.
- Journey back in time with Lewis & Clark at the Lewis & Clark Interpretive Center.
- Look down on the confluence of the Mississippi & Missouri rivers from the Lewis & Clark Confluence Tower.